Uttrakhand, the land of Gods is often known as the “Gateway to the Himalayas.” This mystical land is cocooned in nature and consists of prominent spiritual sites, conservation reserves, and other artifacts. With its adventurous activities, Uttarakhand attracts thrill seekers to go through the daring experience of bungee jumping, river rafting, trekking, skiing, and much more. This majestic place has a lot to offer to tourists and that makes a trip to Uttarakhand a must!
This tourist destination with its splendid lakes and aesthetically-awesome mountain peaks attracts a lot of tourists from all over the world every year. With a perfect itinerary, you too can make your perfect trip planned and executed. This one-in-a-year exclusive trip will amaze you with its wonder and make you celebrate Christmas and New Year in nature’s bounty.
The trip will give you a chance to discover the hidden treasures of Uttarakhand where you’ll easily travel with an experienced tour operator. The best Uttarakhand trip has Delhi as its heading point, where everyone will meet at Akshardham metro station. As soon as you reach the pickup point, you’ll be meeting your team caption who will bestow you with a brief introductory session. After that, we’ll commence the trip heading towards Rishikesh. En route, we will take our journey to a halt by spending some time at Haridwar, the center for many pilgrims.
Carrying on with our journey, we will check into our designated camps after reaching Rishikesh on the next day. After spending some time at leisure we will head out for river rafting, the pre-eminent adventure of Rishikesh in the tidal waves of Ganga. Later, we will indulge in the next pre-eminent adventurous activity, cliff jumping. Late in the day, the Christmas celebration will take place with DJ, Food, Cake, a Bonfire, and more. We will stay in Rishikesh for a dinner and good night’s sleep.
Thenceforth, our sightseeing journey will begin with the iconic Beatles Ashram. We will continue by going to Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula. The food of Uttarakhand is a blend of taste and nutrition and to experience that we will lose ourselves in café hopping. After enjoying the pleasant afternoon, we will head towards Triveni Ghat for Ganga Arti. This Maha Arti is followed by the chanting of bhajans, beating drums and bells; undeniably, a glorious moment.
On Day 4, we will head towards Joshimath. On the way to Joshimath, we’d be wandering the Badrinath road with picturesque scenery of the four confluence of the Ganga river, namely, Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, and Nand Prayag. All along your journey, the Alakhnanda river would be flowing by your side to enhance your journey route and give you a mesmerizing experience.
The next day to our Uttarakhand tour will commence heading towards Auli, a Himalayan Ski Resort. The resort is overlooked by the mountains of Nanda Devi and Nar Parvat. You can experience the breathtaking view of the mountains and can indulge in winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and more. After that, we will head back to Joshimath to spend more time at leisure.
Another day of our Uttarakhand trip will head us towards Kausani. The small town nestled in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand is known for its panoramic views and scenic landscapes. You’ll experience the breathtaking view of Himalayan Peaks like Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Panchachuli. After checking in, the travelers will find the perfect opportunity to go on an exploration walk to spend some time in tranquility.
Day 7 is all about exploring Kausani, including local markets, handicraft shops, and Kausani Tea Estate. But that’s not it! We will continue our way heading towards Binsar. After that, we will indulge in a sightseeing tour of Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary and go to Binsar zero point which offers a 360º of the Himalayan peaks. In the evening, we will celebrate New Year at our campsite with Groovy DJ, Delicious Snacks, a bonfire, and Cake.
After relaxing at our hotels in Binsar, and having a delicious breakfast the next morning, we will explore the local premises of the culturally rich village. Afterward, we will take a bus to Delhi giving a direction on our return journey. The 10 days Uttarakhand trip will come to an end and the groups will dissemble after reaching Delhi. From that day forward, you will be talking about your best Christmas and New Year celebration to everyone!
Day 1 : Drive from Delhi to Rishikesh (250 Kilometers, 6 Hours)
- The group will assemble at the pick-up point at 11 PM (tentative).
- After a brief introduction session given by the Trip Captain, we will head towards Rishikesh. En route, we’d be traversing through Haridwar which is the center for many pilgrims and is one of the holiest cities in India.
Note: The pickup point would be Akshardham Metro Station.
Day 2 : Rishikesh Arrival | River Rafting
- Upon reaching Rishikesh, we will check into our designated camps and spend some time at leisure.
- Afterwards, we will head out for River Rafting in the tidal waves of the mighty Ganga, we will also indulge in Cliff Jumping in Rishikesh.
- In the evening, we will celebrate Christmas with DJ, Food, Cake, a Bonfire, and more. Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Rishikesh.
Day 3 : Rishikesh Sightseeing
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head out for a local sightseeing where we’ll visit the iconic Beatles Ashram. We’ll also visit Ram Jhula, Lakshman Jhula.
- We’d also indulge in Cafe Hopping and explore the arrays of cafes that Rishikesh has to offer. In the evening, we’ll visit Triveni Ghat for Ganga Aarti.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Rishikesh.
Day 4 : Rishikesh to Joshimath (253 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive )
- After early morning breakfast, we will check out of our stays in Rishikesh and head towards Joshimath.
- En route to Joshimath, we’d be traversing the Badrinath road with a picturesque view of the four confluence of the Ganga river, which include Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, and Nand Prayag. All along the Alaknanda river would be flowing by your side making the otherwise long journey seem shorter. Upon reaching Joshimath, we will check into our designated hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- In the evening, we will have dinner followed by an overnight stay in Joshimath.
Day 5 : Joshimath to Auli via Cable Car Ropeway
- After early morning breakfast, we will head towards Auli which is a Himalayan Ski Resort overlooked by the Nanda Devi and Nar Parvat mountains. The second highest and longest ropeway in India after Gulmarg, the Auli Cable Car provides a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains. Travelers can indulge in winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and more. (on personal expense)
- Afterwards, we will head back to Joshimath and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Joshimath.
Day 6 : Drive From Joshimath to Kausani (180 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel in Joshimath and head towards Kausani which is a small picturesque town in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand. Kausani is famous for its scenic landscape and panoramic views of Himalayan Peaks like Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Panchachuli.
- Upon reaching Kausani, we’ll check into our designated hotel. Travelers are advised to go on exploration walks and spend time amid nature.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Kausani.
Day 7 : Drive from Kausani to Binsar (73 Kilometers, 3 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel in Kausani and go for a local sightseeing tour of Kausani.
- We’d explore the Local market and shop for handicrafts. We’ll also visit the Kausani Tea Estate which is sprawled over a stretch of 208 hectares of land.
- Afterward we’ll head towards Binsar. Upon our arrival in Binsar, we’ll check into our campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Binsar.
Day 8 : Binsar Sightseeing
- After early morning breakfast, we will head for a sightseeing tour where we’d be traversing through the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary which is abode to more than 200 species of animals. We will also head towards Binsar Zero Point which is located in the heart of the Sanctuary and is a vantage point that offers a stunning 360º view of the surrounding Himalayan peaks.
- In the evening, we will go back to our campsite where we’ll be indulging in New Year celebrations with Groovy DJ, Delicious Snacks, a bonfire, and Cake. Dinner followed by Overnight stay in Binsar.
Day 9 : Adventure activities | Drive from Binsar to Delhi (400 Kilometers, 10 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel and indulge in adventure activities like Rock climbing, Ziplining, and Rappeling in Binsar.
- Afterwards, we’ll board a bus to Delhi for our return journey.
Day 10 : Delhi Arrival | Tour Ends
- Upon reaching Delhi, The group will dissemble and go their separate ways.
- Trip Ends.
What is special about Uttarakhand explorer edition?
Himachal Explorer edition is an annually organized trip that is specially curated around the Christmas and New year celebrations so that people who wish to celebrate the festive season by traveling can do so without worrying about anything. It is a 10-day trip that is inclusive of Christmas and New year celebrations with a DJ, bonfire, and good company.
What is the best time to visit Uttarakhand?
Although Uttarakhand maintains pleasant weather throughout the year, March to April & September to October are considered to be the best time to visit Uttarakhand.
What is the best time for River Rafting in Rishikesh?
The best season for River Rafting is from September to mid-April. One should avoid the temperature of May and June as it becomes quite unnatural to regain the same essence.
Is there any age restriction for River Rafting in Rishikesh?
Yes, Kids below 14 years are not allowed to do river rafting in Rishikesh.
What other adventure activities can one try in Rishikesh apart from rafting?
Rishikesh is widely known for its thrilling white water rafting experiences. However, it offers other adventure activities as well. One can enjoy rock climbing, cliff jumping, kayaking, bungee jumping, and flying fox.