A Challenging Summit Climb High on Adventure
If you are looking for a power-packed and thrilling summit climb, the Pangarchulla Peak trek offers just that. The summit point of the Pangarchulla Peak trek is situated at a challenging altitude of 15,069 ft.
To begin with, Pangarchulla is a 5-day trek (7 days when you include the travel days from Rishikesh). The trek starts from Auli near Joshimath in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. It is situated in the Nanda Devi National Park.
Note: We are following the original itinerary of the Pangarchulla trek that begins from Auli. We followed this traditional itinerary while exploring the Pangarchulla trek in 2015-16. This itinerary is close to our hearts and is also the preferred itinerary by Sandhya UC, co-founder of Indiahikes.
She says, “According to me, the trek has to be done only from this side and not from the Dhak side. I’ll tell you why it is so.
When you start from Auli, right to Gorson Bugyal and then to Tali, the big mountains – Mt. Dronagiri and Mt. Nanda Devi – are in front of you. Right from Auli, you start going towards the mountain views that get bigger as the trek proceeds.
If you start from the Dhak side, you don’t get to see Mt. Nanda Devi at all till Day 4 of the trek when you start descending at Auli. Also, you are trekking with your back to the mountains and walking away from them. This is why while trekking from Dhak, to get the splendid mountain view from Gorson Bugyal you have to stop your trek and turn back to see the mountains.”
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
Day 1 : Rishikesh to Joshimath (254 Kms, 10 Hours Drive)
- The group will assemble at the the pickup point at 06:00 AM.
- Afterward, you’ll be introduced to the whole group and a small briefing session would also be provided.
- Afterwards, we’ll head out for Joshimath.
- We’ll reach Joshimath by the evening and check into our designated home stays.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by overnight stay.
- *The pick-up point would be Rishikesh ISBT (tentative).
Day 2 : Drive from Joshimath to Tugasi (14 Kms, 45 Mins Drive) | Trek to Guling (4 Kms, 5 Hrs)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head out for Tugasi Village.
- Upon reaching Tugasi, we will start our trek to Guling.
- We’ll reach Guling by the afternoon and check into our campsite.
- Lunch will be served later on. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- After some group bonding sessions, we will have dinner followed by an overnight stay in Guling.
Day 3 : Trek from Guling to Khullara (6 Kms, 7 Hrs)
- After early morning breakfast, you will be given necessary instructions regarding the trekking trails.
- We will start trekking from Guling to Khullara.
- En-route, we will have our packed lunch. Later in the evening, we will check into our campsite at Khullara base.
- The rest of the day is at leisure. As the dawn starts to fall, you will get to witness the magical starry skies above.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay at Khullara base camp.
Day 4 : Trek to Pangarchulla Summit | Back to Khullara (14 Kms, 12 Hrs)
- Post breakfast, a small briefing session with necessary details about the rest of the trek will be provided.
- Afterwards, we will begin our trek to Pangarchulla peak by midnight.
- Witness the sun rising from the great Himalayan ranges where you will catch a glimpse of Chaukhamba massif, Nilkantha peaks and Nanda Devi peaks and many more. Afterwards, we will descend towards the base camp.
- We will check out from the base camp to head towards Khullara. En-route we will have our packed lunch.
- Upon reaching Khullara we will check into our campsite where we will have dinner followed by overnight stay.
Day 5 : Trek from Khullara to Tugasi (10 Kms, 6 Hrs) | Drive to Joshimath (14 Kms, 45 Mins Drive)
- After early morning breakfast, a small briefing session with necessary details about the rest of the trek will be provided.
- We will begin trekking from Khullara to Tugasi Village.
- En-route, we will have our packed lunch.
- Upon reaching Tugasi, we will start the drive to Joshimath.
- Check in to our designated homestay at Joshimath where we will have dinner and spend the night.
Day 6 : Drive from Joshimath to Rishikesh (254 Kms, 10 Hours Drive) | End of tour
- Post breakfast, we will check out of our accommodations.
- We will drive from Joshimath to Rishikesh. You can enjoy the scenic views of some of the Prayag’s like Dev Prayag, Rudra Prayag, Karn Prayag.
- Upon reaching Rishikesh, the group will dissemble and part their ways with fond memories.
- End of Tour.
Where is the Pangarchulla Peak?
The Pangarchulla peak is nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas. The trek is located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
How difficult is Pangarchulla Peak Trek?
The Pangarchulla Peak Trek comes under the difficult category when it comes to difficulty levels of Himalayan Treks. The high altitude, steep ascents, boulder, and sedimentation make this trek a tricky one.
How long is the Pangarchulla Peak Trek?
The Pangarchulla Trek stretches up to a distance of 34 Kilometers.
What is the height of the Pangarchulla Peak Trek?
Pangarchulla Peak is nestled at an altitude of 15,010 ft.
What is the best time to do the Pangarchulla Peak Trek?
The best time to do the Pangarchulla Trek is the Post-Monsoon Season. The Himalayas receive extreme snowfall in winters which makes it tricky to navigate the trail and slopes become slippery in the monsoon season. Pangarchulla is one of the few treks that have a small window for when it is accessible.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review