Mcleodganj, is famously known as “Little Lhasa (Tibet) of India” and is situated in the outskirts of Dharamshala. It is a small and beautiful hill station with a blend of Tibetan and Indian culture situated at a height of 2082 mts (6831 feet). The place is nestled amidst the mighty hills of Dhauladhars and is a great weekend getaway for people living in Chandigarh,New Delhi, Gurgaon, Ambala and other neighbouring cities.
This is a 3 day trip from New Delhi wherein,we spend one day in McleodGanj exploring the place, visiting monastery , Bhagsu waterfall , cafe hopping . Just knowing about the place and people. The mix of culture that has so easily blend in the routine of the town.The following day after having our breakfast we start our trek to Triund, which is a very good hike starting from McleodGanj and curling upto to the top.Camping under the stars, view of the valley , sunrise dazzling the snow covered peaks are few things to watch out for at Triund.
|Travel Mode||Volvo Bus or Tempo Traveller|
Day 0 : Start From New Delhi
- We leave Delhi by evening from Majnu ka Tilla, in Volvo Bus/ Tempo Traveller.
Day 1 : Arrive Mcleodganj, Visit Monastery and Waterfalls
- Open your eyes in the mighty mountains of Dhauladhars. Mcleodganj is 490 km from Delhi, we will reach thereby morning.
- Check-in in your allotted Rooms and relax a bit. after that we will explore Mcleodganj, Visit Namgyal Monastery, Bhagsunath Waterfalls and then get back to the Hotel by evening.
- After dinner, get prepared for the next day trek to Triund and take a good tight sleep.
Day 2 : Trek to Triund, Night stay near Triund
- Wake up to a refreshing morning in the mountains.
- After breakfast, we start our trek towards Triund hill. The trek to Triund starts from Mcleodganj main chowk.
- The gradient of the trek is easy except for some stretches and the total trekking distance is 9 km. The trail takes you through the dense forests of pine with some scenic views of valleys. It takes around 5-6 hours to reach Triund.
- Triund is situated at an altitude of 2875 meters (9432 feet) above sea level.
- Dinner and overnight at the property near Triund.
Day 3 : Return to McleodGanj and Departure for Delhi
- Wake up and get mesmerized by the breathtaking views of Dhauladhars.
- After Breakfast, start your downhill trek towards Mcleodganj. Reach Mcleodganj by afternoon. Explore cafe and market if time allows.
- We leave for Delhi by 6 PM.
- Reach New Delhi early next morning.
What is the best time to visit Himachal?
One can visit Himachal throughout the year to experience all the different palettes that its landscapes have to offer.
For snow lovers, the best time to visit is from October to February which is the official snowfall season in Himachal. These months are popular because one can indulge in thrilling snow activities like skiing, snowboarding, and more.
One can also visit Himachal from February to June which are considered to be the best months to visit Himachal as the weather is pleasant.
What is Mcleodganj famous for?
Mcleodganj is a hill station near Dharamshala famous for its vibrant culture and local markets. It is also renowned for being a spiritual getaway for Buddhists.
What is is Triund famous for?
Triund Hill is a popular trek starting from Mcleodganj which is considered to be the best trek for beginners. At an elevation of 9432 ft, the Triund Top offers stunning views of the entire Kangra Valley.
What is the difficulty level of Triund Trek?
Triund Trek is a beginner friendly trek with an easy gradient when it comes to the difficulty level. It is a 10 kilometer long trek with steep ascents and descents.
Can beginners do the Triund Trek?
Nestled in the Dhauladhar ranges, The Triund Trek with its easy terrains, scenic views, and ideal distance is perfect for beginners. It is also the most common trek undertaken by beginners when they’re starting their trekking journey.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review