Kheerganga trek is one of the most well-known destinations for trekking and is located at a height of 2950m. Deep in the Parvati Valley, it’s considered nature’s paradise as the beauty is almost spellbinding.
The Itinerary for the Kheerganga Trek starts with a drive from Delhi to Kasol. Then, the trek starts at Kasol, a small village in Himachal Pradesh’s Kullu Manali district. This spot is emerging as a popular tourist location best for budget traveling. You’ll get to enjoy one-night camping as a staying option at Kasol before we reach the Kheerganga trek the next day.
All you need are two days to explore the landscape and all the picturesque places. The Kheerganga trek reveals stunning terrains and provides an invigorating journey. Also, don’t forget to check out the music festival on a trip to Kasol, they’re one of the most amazing parts of the journey. Here, you get to enjoy the lush green valleys in their utmost purest form and explore the rich flora and fauna of Kasol.
You’ll also get a chance to learn about the culture of Kheerganga while camping there. And don’t worry, there’ll be plenty of opportunities for you to click pictures with snow-capped peaks behind you. The history of Kheerganga has dated thousands of years back and is considered the abode of Lord Shiva. Additionally, a walk beside the Parvati river is one of the must-do’s when visiting Kasol.
The best time to do a Kheerganga trip is from September to June as the weather is pleasant and you can fully experience everything. But, it’ll also depend on your preference as a traveler or as a trekker.
If you prefer a warmer climate and want to witness the spring, March to June are the best months to visit. If you want colder weather in Kheerganga and wish to trek in snow, November, December, January, and February would be the best months in that case.
Hot water springs and a splendid view are guaranteed here in Kheerganga. These become much more attractive destinations during the winter and have added to the tourism of Kasol and Kheerganga.
The Kheerganga trek is a beginner-level trek as there is a gentle incline and it only gets steep for short parts. You can take a dip in the water as there are beautiful waterfalls on the way to the trek route.
Just a bit after Rudranag waterfall, trekkers get to witness a dense pine forest that has a good stretch of a flat, plain area. This old-world feel can be utilized to the maximum as a picnic spot mid-trek. Additionally, the Rudranag temple is also very popular amongst many pilgrims. This is also located along the way to Kheerganga. The total distance covered is 12 Kilometers making it ideal for novice trekkers.
There are plenty of things to do in Kheerganga. While you’re on the trek, there are plenty of lovely villages that will offer the option of a homestay.
The most important options are Barshaini and Tosh. Don’t miss out on these cheap options that’ll allow you to experience the amazing hospitality of the people there! Another famous place to visit in Kheerganga is Naktan. This is the most ideal pit stop and one of the most colorful villages throughout the trail.
An interesting fact about Kasol and Kheerganga is that Kasol is the last stop for an ATM.
People can relax in Naktan for one to two hours easily and then continue the trek. And the second, most important reason in our opinion, is the delicious duo of watermelon juice and noodles. Also, if your inner adventurer is awakened then you can check the various adventure activities in Kasol such as trekking, rafting, hiking, and more.
The reasons you need to check the Kheerganga Trek are far more than many. But, if you still have doubts then let us clear them up while you are on the Kheerganga Trek with JustWravel.
|Travel Mode||Volvo Bus or Tempo Traveller|
|Occupacy||Double, Quad, Triple|
Day 0 : Drive from Delhi to Kasol ( 514 Kilometers, 12 Hours Of Drive)
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 5 PM. We’ll meet the trip captains and a small tour briefing session would also be provided.
- Afterward, we’ll start our overnight journey towards Kasol which is a tiny hamlet in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh known for its pristine river streams and lush green forests.
Note: The pickup point will be Majnu Ka Tila.
Day 1 : Hike to Chalal | Cafe Hopping
- Upon arrival in Kasol, we will check in to our designated hotel where we’ll have lunch.
- Afterward, we’ll hike towards Chalal which is a quaint village that offers beautiful views of the entire Parvati Valley. After spending some peaceful hours surrounded by nature, we’ll head back.
- In the evening, we will visit the Local market, and indulge in Cafe Hopping to explore the array of cafes that Kasol has to offer.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Kasol.
Day 2 : Kasol to Kheerganga Trek (12 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, a briefing session by the trek leader sharing all the necessary details about the Kheerganga trek would be provided.
- Afterward, we’ll head out for Barshaini, which is the starting point for the trek. The trail to Kheerganga is adorned by coniferous forests with the Parvati river flowing alongside. The trek is popular for a picturesque view of the entire valley as well as the hot springs that await the trekker at the top.
- We’ll check into our campsites once we’ve reached the top and then head for a bath in the Parvati Kund which are hot springs that will instantly soothe your nerves. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Back to Kasol | Departure
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our campsite and descent back down to Barshaini.
- En route, we’d visit the holy Manikaran Gurudwara. Upon reaching Barshaini, we’ll head back to Kasol.
- We’ll board an overnight bus for our return journey to Delhi.
Note: The visit to Manikaran Gurudwara is subject to time.
Day 4 : Delhi Arrival | Trip Ends
- We’ll reach Delhi early in the morning. The group will dissemble and part ways with fond memories.
- Trip ends.
What will be the group size for Kheerganga Trek?
Usually, we take a maximum of 15-18 people in one group. We believe bigger groups have less fun and less coordination so that’s why we prefer smaller groups.
Who all will go along with us on the Kheerganga Trip from Delhi?
All our treks are led by professional trek leaders who are certified, mountaineers. Apart from them, there will be one local guide, cook, helper, porters, and other staff.
All our trips are led by professional trip coordinators who have good experience in leading groups.
I am the only girl in the group, is it safe to do the Kheerganga trek solo?
Yes definitely it is, the safety of girls is most important for us. All our guides and other staff are carefully chosen for trips/treks. They are honest and reliable but we also advise you to take care of your personal belongings.
What are the things that we need to carry on the Kheerganga trek?
Once you confirm the trip/trek and done with the booking, we will send you the packing list according to the trip/trek.
What type of ground transportation will be used on the Kheerganga trip from Delhi?
We will be taking Volvo Bus from Delhi and hire taxis such as Bolero, Tata Sumo, etc. for local commute.