Kashmir, with its beauty, has been mesmerizing travelers for ages. The backpackers who are just getting on the road to start their traveling journey magnify their list by adding the Kashmir backpacking trip to it. Beyond any doubt, the majestic view of Kashmir induces wanderers, however, the everlasting experience is what adds more to it.
This paradise can be adored in abundant ways and has been done so in the form of couplets and songs but a trip to Kashmir is the only way to explore this paradise and make it memorable. Kashmir backpacking trip is an astonishing experience, not only does it allows you to see the beauty of nature but also helps you experience true peace and tranquility. This trip’s meant to bestow you with this everlasting experience itself.
Discover the wonder of Kashmir with our all-inclusive Kashmir tour starting from Srinagar. This Kashmir trip itinerary starts at a rendezvous point in Srinagar, where you’ll meet the trip captain. You will be given a brief introduction before commencing the perfect journey to the exquisite Kashmir. After checking in to your designated houseboat, you’ll be able to experience the Shikara ride in the pristine Dal Lake. It is a serene location that gives a whole new floating experience. This must be a reason for it to be called a “Jewel in Kashmir’s crown”.
After enjoying the magnificent sunset dawn on you, you’ll be experiencing a lovely overnight stay on the boats. That’s when we’ll head to our Kashmir backpacking trip’s second destination Gulmarg, following the Drung waterfall.
Gulmarg, the most popular hill station in Kashmir has snow-covered meadows and skiing slopes that would catch your eyes. This most astonishing place in the Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir is often recognized as the “heartland of winter sports in India”. After checking into our hotels, we’ll be taking a scenic view of Khilanmarg. If you’re into snow activities or want to experience one, then this small valley will be the ideal place for you to spend your time in. You can indulge in Gulmarg Gondola Ride and can enjoy the aerial views of the valley. After that, we’ll head towards the world’s highest green golf course to experience the best of our time.
On the next day, you will experience the thrill of visiting one of the most captivating places, Pahalgam, which is next to our Kashmir trip itinerary. Pahalgam is Kashmir’s beautiful hill station known for its sightseeing and astonishing meadows. It is considered a mystical or extremely spiritual place because of the presence of the holy Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage. En route, Saffron Fields in Pampore will charm us with its elegant carpet of flowers besides its beauty.
After taking some rest at our checked-in hotels at Pahalgam, we’ll visit two prominent valleys named Aru Valley and Betaab Valley to spend some time with ourselves. As we move towards Chandanwadi, you will be able to espy many snow activities like skiing and snowboarding. With this, we’ll end our sightseeing to get back to our hotels for rest.
Next Morning, we’ll head back to Srinagar for living the next part of our Kashmir backpacking trip and that’s sightseeing at the most prominent places. We will start with the historical Mughal gardens and will end up by visiting Cheshma Shahi, Nishat Bagh, and Shalimar Bagh, also known as the adobe of love. After going through these beautiful places, we will head back to our hotels for dinner and resting.
The real gem of this Kashmir tour will come into the picture when we reach our next destination, Yousmarg Valley. It is the hidden gem that embraces the beauty of Kashmir and gives tourists a whole new breathtaking experience with its green pastures and water bodies. After enjoying the peaceful time at Yousmarg Valley, we will get back to our hotels.
The next morning will be the departure day of our Kashmir tour, where everyone will be going back as scheduled. You will not only be taking back your backpacks but also numerous memories that you would love to live with again.
Day 1 : Srinagar Arrival | Shikara Ride
- The group will arrive at a rendezvous point in Srinagar where a brief introduction by the trip captain will be provided.
- Upon our arrival, we’ll check into our designated Houseboat. Afterward, we’ll go for a Shikara ride in the pristine Dal Lake which is considered to be the jewel in Kashmir’s crown.
- In the evening, we’ll have dinner followed by an overnight stay in our houseboat in Srinagar.
Note: The meeting point will be the Houseboat in Srinagar. The directions for the same will be given upon arrival.
Day 2 : Drive to Gulmarg (50 Kilometers, 2 Hours) | Local Sightseeing
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our houseboats and head towards Gulmarg which is one of the most popular hill stations of Kashmir known for its snow-covered meadows and skiing slopes. En route, we’ll visit Drung waterfall.
- Upon our arrival in Gulmarg, we’ll check into our hotel. Afterward, we’ll take a scenic walk towards Khilanmarg which is a small valley that acts as the ideal site for Gulmarg’s ski runs and various other snow activities. Travelers can indulge in the iconic Gulmarg Gondola ride and witness aerial views of the entire valley. We’d also visit the Golf course in Gulmarg which is the world’s highest green golf course in the World.
- In the evening, we’ll head back to Gulmarg where we’ll have dinner followed by an overnight stay.
Note: No vehicles are allowed to go to Khilanmarg which is why we’ll cover the distance on foot.
Day 3 : Drive to Pahalgam (142 Kilometers, 4 Hours) | Local Sightseeing
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head towards Pahalgam which is yet another beautiful hill station in Kashmir known for its picturesque meadows and holds extreme spiritual significance as it is the site of the holy Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage.
- En route, we’d visit the beautiful Saffron Fields in Pampore where the entire stretch of land is covered with blooming violet flowers making it a breathtaking site to behold.
- Upon reaching Pahalgam, we’ll check into our hotel. Afterward, we’ll visit Aru Valley which is known for its scenic meadows, and the enchanting Betaab Valley which is nestled between Pir Panjal and Zanskar range of the Himalayas. We’ll also visit Chandanwadi which is the starting point for the Amarnath Yatra and is known for many snow activities like skiing and snowboarding.
- After our sightseeing tour, we’ll head back to our hotel. Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Pahalgam.
Day 4 : Drive to Srinagar (90 Kilometers, 2 Hours) | Local Sightseeing
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel and head back to Srinagar.
- Upon arrival in Srinagar, we’ll check into our hotel and head out for a local sightseeing tour of Srinagar afterwards. We’d visit the most prominent Mughal Gardens which were built during the reign of Mughal Emperors. We’ll visit Cheshma Shahi which consists of a natural spring sprouting from the middle of the garden, Nishat Bagh which is nestled on the eastern bank of the Dal Lake and Shalimar Bagh which is the most beautiful Mughal garden and is also known as the Abode of Love as it was entirely built by Mughal Emperor Jehangir for his queen.
- In the evening, we’ll head back to our hotel where we’ll have dinner followed by an overnight stay.
Day 5 : Yousmarg Local Excursion
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head to Yousmarg valley which is yet another gem hidden in the embrace of Kashmir known for its green pastures and pristine water bodies.
- After spending some peaceful moments in the valley, we’ll head back to Srinagar.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Srinagar.
Note: If due to weather conditions, a visit to Yousmarg is not possible, we’ll visit Sonmarg instead.
Day 6 : Departure from Srinagar | Trip Ends
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel.
- The group will go their separate ways with fond memories according to their scheduled departures.
- Trip Ends.