Jaisalmer Weekend Trip should be on your list if you are looking for places to travel with rich cultural and historical vibe, hearty and cheerful people and unforgettable trip experience. Jaisalmer road trip covers a total of six Rajasthani cities namely Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Sam, Kuldhara, Ajmer, and Pushkar.
3 days of unlimited fun with people from all over while traversing on the roads of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan is what makes this road trip irresistible and hard to ignore. Jaisalmer’s climate or Jaisalmer’s weather which makes you experience hot and cold all at the same time, as to day’s being hot and night’s being cooler, also adds up to a unique experience.
Jaisalmer is also known as the golden city and the name justifies the places perfectly. The reason for it being called ‘Golden city’ is the yellowish vibes of the places that we come across while we are traveling in the desert or inside a fort or any such activity during our stay at Jaisalmer.
There are a ton of places to visit in Jaisalmer such as Jaisalmer Fort, Patwon ki Haveli Patwa Haveli, Gadisar Lake, Salman Singh ki Haveli, and much more. The best time to visit Jaisalmer is during the months of November to March when the winter season hits up the city and you can feel a cool vibe throughout the desert influenced area.
The reasons you need to go on the Jaisalmer road trip in 2019 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a Road trip to Jaisalmer with Justwravel.
Day 0 : Meet at Gurugram and start for Jaisalmer
- Assemble at IFFCO Chowk, Gurugram at 7 pm. After meeting the trip lead we start our journey to Sam Dunes, Jaisalmer.
- Guests are requested to carry something to eat beforehand, as we will be taking a break only after 3-4 hrs of travel time.
Day 1 : Reach Jaisalmer, Sam Dunes and Safari
- Jaisalmer is around 750 km from Gurugram and will take us around 14hrs to reach. We will be reaching by Noon.
- Check in to the campsite and relax for a while. Later we go for a camel ride and jeep safari. Post sunset we return to the campsite for Folk Dance, Cultural shows, Bonfire and tea/coffee with snacks.
- Followed by dinner. Overnight stay at the campsite. Most of the nights in Jaisalmer are clear skies, so it will be a good starry show.
Day 2 : Longewala and Jaisalmer City
- Post Breakfast, we start today’s journey. We leave for Longewala post which is about 100 km from Sam and is notable as the location of the battle with Pakistan in 1971.
- We return to the campsite in the evening.
- Overnight stay at the campsite
Day 3 : Jaisalmer Sightseeing and Departure for Gurugram
- Post Breakfast, we check out from the Campsite and visit Jaisalmer fort. After the visit, we proceed to Gadi Sagar Lake and the Jaisalmer War memorial. We start from Jaisalmer to Gurugram
- We will reach Gurugram the next day in the morning.
What is the best time to visit Jaisalmer?
The best time to visit Rajasthan, especially Jaisalmer is between November and February. The temperature remains cool during winter which makes it comfortable for a sightseeing tour and visiting the many forts that the golden city has to offer. One can also indulge in desert camping and camel safari in the sand dunes.
What are some of the best places to visit in Jaisalmer?
The city of Jaisalmer has many gems to offer. The most prominent ones are:
1. Jaisalmer Fort
2. Patwon Ki Haveli
3. Sadar Bazar
4. Gadisar Lake
How many days are required to explore Jaisalmer?
A weekend trip consisting of 3 days is enough to explore the best of Jaisalmer with the cultural show, desert camping, and sightseeing tour of most places.
Is Jaisalmer safe for female travelers?
Yes, Rajasthan is safe for female travelers. But you should take care of some points like researching your destination, following travel precautions, being aware of your surroundings, and avoiding late-night travel.
How is the weather in Jaisalmer throughout the year?
You will experience pleasant weather during October to March. You will face humidity and hot weather during April to September so avoid travelling during these months.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review