Mcleodganj, also famously known as the Little Lhasa is a hill station nestled in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. It is at an elevation of 2,082 meters and has gained massive popularity in recent years.
It is a one-stop location for people who seek adventure, spirituality, foodies, or simply the serial-chillers. With everything it has to offer, it is indeed nothing less than grabbing a lottery.
Interestingly, it is referred to as Little Lhasa because of the presence of Tibetans in mass numbers. In addition, it is home to the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama.
This Mcleodganj Triund Bir tour from Delhi. Shortly after this, we embark on our overnight journey to McLeod Ganj, this would be an easy start to a refreshing and adventurous trip of a lifetime.
We’ll settle into our hotel accommodation when we arrive at McLeodGanj and then unwind after our overnight journey. After rejuvenating, we will then proceed for a local sightseeing trip, stopping at the beautiful Namgyal Monastery to pay a visit, the Bhagsunag Waterfall which is a sight to hold, and the neighborhood Tibetan Market for a shopping spree. We’ll also go cafe-hopping to gorge ourselves on some Tibetan specialties. This is an eventful day in our Mcleodganj Triund Bir tour.
We’ll go off on a hike to Triund hill, renowned as the jewel of Dharamshala, after an early-morning nutritious breakfast. Triund hill is situated at the base of the Dhauladhar ranges.
The Triund Top, which is 9,432 feet above sea level, provides magnificent perspectives of the entire Kangra Valley. The path ascends to a swath of lush, bright grassland while lined by pine trees. We will go back down after spending some time at the summit admiring the beautiful mountains’ stunning magnificence. The remainder of the day is free time to rest or explore, however, your heart feels like. Then we head towards Bir, also referred to as the Paragliding Capital of India, which is located at an elevation of 5,003 feet.
We would pass via Dharamshala, the Dalai Lama’s modest residence, on the way. We’ll also visit the Dharamshala Stadium which is the highest fully functional international cricket ground in the world. We’ll travel to Billing in the evening, from where paragliders launch and settle in Bir. Together, they offer the ideal setting for a paragliding experience. Following our paragliding lesson in Bir Billing, we’ll head back to our prearranged lodgings. After dinner, spend the night in Bir for a rest day and charge our energies.
Shortly after starting our day with a flavorful breakfast. We engage in local sightseeing in Bir. Paying a visit to the stunning Sherabling Monastery which has excellent architecture and is one of the oldest monasteries in Bir. Post this, we will get to witness the sparking water of Bir waterfall which would be a refreshing sight for us. Additionally, cafe hopping would be one of the activities we’d be indulging in as well. We would be exploring the cute cafes all around, and indulging in delicious different food.
We would be ending our day by boarding an overnight bus back to Delhi with a briefcase full of memories to cherish forever. The last day of our McLeodganj Triund Bir trip itinerary from Delhi. We would be arriving after our trip filled with adventure and peacefulness. The group will be dissembled and part ways, however, this trip would give you some of the best memories and hopefully great friends.
Day 1 : Delhi To McLeod Ganj | Overnight Journey
- The group assembles at the pickup point at 7 PM.
- We’ll meet the team captains and a small tour briefing would also be conducted.
- After which, we’ll head out on an overnight journey to McLeod Ganj which is a vibrant town nestled in Himachal Pradesh known for its rich Tibetan Culture.
Note: The pickup point for the journey would be Majnu Ka Tila Bus Stand/ ISBT Kashmere Gate/ RK Ashram Metro station.
Day 2 : Arrival in McLeod Ganj | Local Sightseeing
- Upon reaching McLeod Ganj, we’ll check into our hotel rooms and spend some leisure time.
- Afterwards we will head out for a local sightseeing tour where we would be visiting the Namgyal Monastery, Bhagsunnag waterfall, and the local Tibetan Market. We will also go for cafe hopping to hog on some Tibetan delicacies.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in McLeod Ganj.
Day 3 : Day Hike to Triund | (9 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head out for a trek towards Triund hill which is situated at the foothills of the Dhauladhar ranges and is known as the crown jewel of Dharamshala.
- At an elevation of 9432 ft, the Triund Top offers stunning views of the entire Kangra Valley. The trail is adorned with pine trees and stretches up to an expanse of lush green grassland. After spending some time at the top marveling at the beauty of the majestic mountains, we’ll descend back down. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- Dinner and overnight stay in McLeod Ganj.
Day 4 : Drive from McLeod Ganj to Bir (72 Kilometers, 3 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we will check out of our hotel and head towards Bir which is situated at an elevation of 5,003 ft and is popularly known as the Paragliding Capital of India. En route, we’d be traversing through Dharamshala which is the humble abode of the Dalai Lama. We will also visit the Dharamshala Stadium.
- Upon our arrival in Bir, we’ll check into the hotel. In the evening, we’ll head towards Billing which is the take-off point for paragliding where Bir is the landing site. Collectively they provide the perfect opportunity for a paragliding session.
- After our Paragliding session in Bir Billing, we will return to our designated stays. Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Bir.
Day 5 : Bir Sightseeing | Departure to Delhi
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel in Bir and head towards a local sightseeing tour where we’d visit the Sherabling Monastery which is one of the oldest monasteries in Bir. Afterward, we’ll visit the sparkling Bir Waterfall. We will also indulge in Cafe Hopping and explore the arrays of cafes that Bir has to offer.
- In the evening, we’ll board an overnight bus to Delhi.
Day 6 : Delhi Arrival | Trip Ends
- We’ll reach Delhi by early morning. The group will dissemble and go their separate ways with fond memories of the trip.
- Trip Ends.
What is the best time to visit Himachal?
One can visit Himachal throughout the year to experience all the different palettes that its landscapes have to offer.
For snow lovers, the best time to visit is from October to February which is the official snowfall season in Himachal. These months are popular because one can indulge in thrilling snow activities like skiing, snowboarding, and more.
One can also visit Himachal from February to June which are considered to be the best months to visit Himachal as the weather is pleasant.
What is Mcleodganj famous for?
Mcleodganj is a hill station near Dharamshala famous for its vibrant culture and local markets. It is also renowned for being a spiritual getaway for Buddhists.
What is Triund famous for?
Triund Hill is a popular trek starting from Mcleodganj which is considered to be the best trek for beginners. At an elevation of 9432 ft, the Triund Top offers stunning views of the entire Kangra Valley.
What is Bir famous for?
Bir is situated at an elevation of 5,003 ft and is popularly known as the Paragliding Capital of India. Bir Billing has the Second Highest Take off point for Paragliding in the World and hence attracts adventure enthusiasts from all over the country. Billing is the take-off point for paragliding whereas Bir is the landing site. Collectively they provide the perfect opportunity for a paragliding session.
Is it safe if I’m traveling solo?
It is completely safe for a solo traveler or any type of traveler to join this trip. If you come solo, chances are that you’d enjoy yourself more because you’ll get to meet new people and make memories that you’ll cherish for life.
All our trips are led by experienced trip leaders who are vigilant and always up to offer help in case of emergencies.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review