What if a backpacking trip could take you away from the hustle and bustle of city life and into the surreal Himalayan bliss? That’s what we would be doing in this Himachal Backpacking Trip to Bir-Manali-Kasol.
We will kick off our journey from New Delhi and head towards Bir, which is the “Paragliding Capital of India”, also a noted center for ecotourism, spiritual studies, and meditation.
Spend your day paragliding and visiting the local attractions such as Bir waterfall and spend some time in the evening cafe hopping and trying the local delicacies.
Next up, we will make our way towards Manali, which is one the most famous Himalayan towns in India. While here, we will explore the famous “Mall Road” of Manali and also head to “Old Manali” where the blissful cafes by the river Beas will leave you enchanted. The day would be somewhat for leisure so you are free to do whatever you want.
From Kullu Valley, we will go to Sissu (Lahaul Valley) via Atal tunnel, which is the longest tunnel above 10,000fts in the world. Watch the landscapes take a dramatic shift as you enter Lahaul valley.
While in Sissu, we’ll be taking a small hike towards Sissu waterfall and exploring the village and nearby areas.
Kasol, famously known as “Mini Israel of India” is a tiny hamlet settled along the Parvati river in Parvati Valley. Feel your inner calm grow amidst the Himalayas as we take a hike towards Chalal village and spend some time here.
After this, we will go towards Gurudwara Manikaran Sahib for another local spot to explore in Kasol.
If you want a break from the daily routine and monotony, here’s a chance to rejuvenate yourself by joining our Himachal Backpacking Trip to Bir-Manali-Kasol.
Day 1 : Drive from Delhi to Bir (490 Kilometers, 12 Hours)
- The group assembles at the pickup point at 7 PM (tentative).
- We’ll meet the team captains and a small tour briefing would also be conducted.
- Afterward, we’ll head out on an overnight journey to Bir which is situated at an elevation of 5,003 ft and is popularly known as the Paragliding Capital of India. Bir Billing has the Second Highest Take off point for Paragliding in Asia and hence attracts adventure enthusiasts from all over the country.
Note: The pickup point for the journey would be Majnu Ka Tila Bus Stand.
Day 2 : Paragliding and Sightseeing in Bir
- Upon our arrival in Bir, we’ll check into our hotel and spend some leisure time.
- Afterward, we’ll head towards Billing which is the take-off point for paragliding whereas Bir is the landing site. Collectively they provide the perfect opportunity for a paragliding session. En route, we would be visiting the sparkling Bir Waterfall.
- After our Paragliding session, we will visit the Bir Monastery and go to Cafe Hopping as well.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Bir.
Note: In case, paragliding cannot be conducted on this day due to any restrictions, we’ll do it the next day. Also, note that a visit to the monastery is subject to time.
Day 3 : Drive from Bir to Manali (160 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we will check out of our hotel and head towards our next destination which is Manali. The picturesque town is popular among backpackers for offering both adventure and solitude.
- Upon our arrival in Manali, we’ll check into our designated hotel rooms. In the evening, we will visit Manali Mall Road, Local Market and indulge in Cafe Hopping as well.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Manali.
Day 4 : Solang Valley Excursion | Visit Atal Tunnel
- After early morning breakfast, we will head towards Solang Valley which is a paradise for adventure enthusiasts.
- Upon our arrival in Solang valley, travelers can indulge in activities like Zorbing, Skiing, ATV rides, Paragliding, Zipline, and more. (on personal expense).
- Afterward, we’ll head towards the iconic Atal Tunnel which is the longest highway tunnel built at an altitude of 10,000ft in the world. We’ll be traversing through the small town of Sissu as well. Post our sightseeing tour, we’d be heading back to Manali.
- In the evening, we’ll have dinner followed by an overnight stay in Manali.
Note: The visit to Atal Tunnel/Sissu is subject to time and weather conditions.
Day 5 : Drive from Manali to Kasol (75 Kilometers, 2 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotels and visit Hadimba Temple which is an ancient cave temple believed to be 500 years old.
- Afterwards, we will head towards Kasol which is a hamlet in Kullu district of Himachal popular for being the most sought after destination among backpackers.
- Upon our arrival in Kasol, we’ll check into our hotel.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Kasol.
Day 6 : Kasol Sightseeing | Drive Back to Delhi
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head for a sightseeing tour where we’d be visiting the Manikaran Temple and Manikaran Gurudwara, both of which hold extreme religious importance. We will also visit the Hot Water Springs in Manikaran which are considered extremely sacred by the locals.
- We’ll go for a quick hike towards Chalal which is a quaint village that offers beautiful views of the entire Parvati Valley.
- Afterwards, we will board an overnight bus to Delhi.
Day 7 : Delhi Arrival | Tour Ends
- We will reach Delhi early morning at 9 AM (tentative).
- The group will part ways with fond memories from the trip.
- Trip Ends.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review