The Best Mix of Ancient Culture and Mountain Beauty on a Trek
Trekkers think when it comes to great treks you can’t beat treks like Rupin Pass or Buran Ghati. And when we talk about Har Ki Dun with Ruinsara, they think it is a poor cousin. That’s making a big mistake.
The Har Ki Dun trek with Ruinsara is one of the best complete treks that we have seen.
It has a terrific ancient culture, mountain views, forests, grasslands, meadows, rivers, streams and even an alpine lake. This trail is not difficult on the legs which makes it just the right adventure, especially when compared to other summer treks.
With Ruinsara added to Har Ki Dun, a good trek becomes great. One of the most complete treks that you will possibly do.
“It’s like doing a whole new trek by just adding two days”, says Arjun Majumdar, our founder.
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
Day 1 : Drive From Dehradun To Sankri Base Village (198 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive)
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 06:00 AM.
- We’ll drive towards Sankri village which is the base camp for the Har Ki Dun Trek.
- Upon reaching Sankri, we’ll check in to our designated homestay. The rest of the day is at leisure and travelers are advised to rest.
- In the evening, Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Sankri Village.
Note: The pick-up point will be Dehradun Railway Station. (tentative)
Day 2 : Sankri to Pauni Garaat (10 Kilometers, 1 Hour Drive)
- After early morning breakfast, we will head towards Taluka which is the starting point for the trek.
- After a long drive to Taluka, we will start our trek to Pauni Garaat. The trail is a blend of slanting slopes and thick forests of chestnuts, chinars, walnuts, and willows. You will also see some of the most beautiful cascading waterfalls.
Day 3 : Trek from Puani Garaat to Kalkatiyadhaar (8 kilometers, 4 Hours)
- After morning tea and breakfast, we will start our trek towards Har ki Dun Valley.
- We will be traversing through Osla village. After crossing the bridge over the Supin river, the trekking trail reaches a ridge named Kalkatiyadhar, from where you will get the first view of Har Ki Dun valley.
- Further, the trail passes through lush green meadows before finally giving way to our campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in camps at Kalkatiyadhar.
Day 4 : Trek from Kalkatiyadhar to Har-Ki-Dun | Back to Kalkatiyadhar (14 Kilometers, 7 Hours)
- After waking up to the majestic view of Swargarohini peaks, we will have breakfast with stunning landscapes in the backdrop.
- The trekking trails start from lush green meadows and soon you get to see sparkling waterfalls flowing relentlessly before reaching the Har ki Dun valley.
- After spending a few peaceful moments here, witnessing the magical landscapes, we will head back to the campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 : Trek from Kalkatiyadhaar to Puani Garaat Via Seema (8 Kilometers, 4 Hours)<br />
- After early morning tea, we will start our descending trek to the Puani Garant campsite.
- Upon reaching the campsite, the rest of the day is spent at leisure.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay on base camp.
Day 6 : Trek from Puani Garaat to Taluka | Drive to Sankri from Taluka (10 kilometers, 1 hour drive)
- The day starts with breakfast and early morning tea. After which, we will proceed on the same trails that captivated us during our ascend.
- Once reaching Taluka, we will drive towards Sankri where we will spend the last few hours of our trekking excursion.
- Check in to our designated homestays. Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Sankri.
- After breakfast, we will start our return journey from Sankri to Dehradun.
- We will reach Dehradun in the afternoon. The group dissembles with fond memories.
- End of Tour.