A somewhat overlooked trek in Uttarakhand by the trekkers and travel enthusiasts, Har ki Dun and Ruinsara Tal is slowly coming into the limelight.
For ages, trekkers have been choosing the more popular option, but going on a trek to Har ki Dun and Ruinsara Tal will open up a world of unique experiences for them.
The trekking trail has immense beauty all around with dense, lush green forests all around. If you are a wildlife enthusiast, you’re in for a treat as you would be able to spot many different species of birds while going through the coniferous forest.
The moment you start the trek, you will get to experience the unique culture of the Himalayan villages right from Sankri to Seema, Boslo and Taluka. It will surely stay in your memories long after you’ve completed your trek.
According to the legend, the route on this trek was followed by Yudhisthira, the Pandava chief to reach heaven along with his brother Panchali. This Mahabharata story is so ingrained amongst the locals that they worship the Pandavas and even Duryodhan, head of the Kauravas.
There are some surreal Himalayan peaks that are visible from such as the North Face of Swargarohini I (6,252mts). Towards the East side, you can witness Bandarpunch Peak (6,387mts). Also you can catch the views of Dhumadhar Kandi (5,873mts), Kalanag (6,387mts) and White Peak (6,102mts).
The best time to go for Har ki Dun and Ruinsara Tal would be from the months of March to May.
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
Day 1 : Drive From Dehradun To Sankri Base Village (198 Kilometers, 8 Hours Drive)
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 06:00 AM.
- We’ll drive towards Sankri village which is the base camp for the Har Ki Dun Trek.
- Upon reaching Sankri, we’ll check in to our designated homestay. The rest of the day is at leisure and travelers are advised to rest.
- In the evening, Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay in Sankri Village.
Note: The pick-up point will be Dehradun Railway Station. (tentative)
Day 2 : Sankri to Pauni Garaat (10 Kilometers, 1 Hour Drive)
- After early morning breakfast, we will head towards Taluka which is the starting point for the trek.
- After a long drive to Taluka, we will start our trek to Pauni Garaat. The trail is a blend of slanting slopes and thick forests of chestnuts, chinars, walnuts, and willows. You will also see some of the most beautiful cascading waterfalls.
Day 3 : Trek from Puani Garaat to Kalkatiyadhaar (8 kilometers, 4 Hours)
- After morning tea and breakfast, we will start our trek towards Har ki Dun Valley.
- We will be traversing through Osla village. After crossing the bridge over the Supin river, the trekking trail reaches a ridge named Kalkatiyadhar, from where you will get the first view of Har Ki Dun valley.
- Further, the trail passes through lush green meadows before finally giving way to our campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in camps at Kalkatiyadhar.
Day 4 : Trek from Kalkatiyadhar to Har-Ki-Dun | Back to Kalkatiyadhar (14 Kilometers, 7 Hours)
- After waking up to the majestic view of Swargarohini peaks, we will have breakfast with stunning landscapes in the backdrop.
- The trekking trails start from lush green meadows and soon you get to see sparkling waterfalls flowing relentlessly before reaching the Har ki Dun valley.
- After spending a few peaceful moments here, witnessing the magical landscapes, we will head back to the campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 : Trek from Kalkatiyadhaar to Puani Garaat Via Seema (8 Kilometers, 4 Hours)<br />
- After early morning tea, we will start our descending trek to the Puani Garant campsite.
- Upon reaching the campsite, the rest of the day is spent at leisure.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay on base camp.
Day 6 : Trek from Puani Garaat to Taluka | Drive to Sankri from Taluka (10 kilometers, 1 hour drive)
- The day starts with breakfast and early morning tea. After which, we will proceed on the same trails that captivated us during our ascend.
- Once reaching Taluka, we will drive towards Sankri where we will spend the last few hours of our trekking excursion.
- Check in to our designated homestays. Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Sankri.
- After breakfast, we will start our return journey from Sankri to Dehradun.
- We will reach Dehradun in the afternoon. The group dissembles with fond memories.
- End of Tour.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review