Grahan is not extremely popular among travelers that visit Kasol. However, a scenic hike of 10km starting from Kasol will lead you to the village easily.
The itinerary for the Grahan trip starts off with a drive from Delhi to Kasol, where you’ll be spending the night. The next day, you’ll start your journey to reach the village.
After about 7km, you’ll encounter a sign that says ‘short route to Grahan’. Avoid this if you’re a beginner trekker as it’ll take a toll on your calves and end up taking much longer.
The hike is devoid of chai or food stalls. Due to this, it’ll be in your best interest to stock up on a few biscuits or apples to carry along during the hike.
It seems like there’s a lot of restrictions or conditions you have to fill before you travel. But trust us, with a river flowing throughout the trail, it’s one of the prettiest hikes in the valley.
After all, it falls underneath the Great Himalayan National Park. The river previously mentioned is the Grahan Nalla river. This is a famous place to visit in Grahan.
This serves as an excellent spot to rest for a while after climbing uphill for so long and trekkers can also refill their bottles here. The cool breeze will re-energize you for the rest of your hike.
If you’re a dog lover, you’re in luck. Plenty of mountain dogs are present no matter where you’re hiking. Grahan tourism has definitely become greater due to these furry friends.
They’ll definitely join you on your way to the village and might even be with you in the homestay. If you take our previous point of stocking up on biscuits seriously, be sure to share some of them with these loyal companions.
It’s home to around 300 villagers and contains about 30-40 houses. It’s located at an altitude of 7500 feet.
There are plenty of things to do in Grahan.
As you enter the village, you’ll see plenty of happy children running around. They’re quite outspoken so be prepared for chocolates to be demanded.
But, they’re so cute that you’ll probably give in and buy them toffees no matter what. This purchase is definitely worth it once you start playing with them.
An extremely important warning is that consumption of alcohol is not tolerated whatsoever. Travelers who are caught with this act can even be thrown out of the village.
Don’t worry, though. You can indulge in another kind of substance: magic honey. Yes, you read it right. This is part of the cuisine of Grahan.
The villagers barely have enough for themselves so make sure you grab it if you can. It’s extremely high in sugar content and just a little bit will give you a sugar rush in no time.
Some interesting facts about Grahan are that there are no ATMs or mobile networks available. However, a heart-warming welcome is guaranteed. For accommodation, you can stay in a homestay or guesthouse depending on your preferences.
The homestays are basically wooden houses that are extended with an additional floor or are converted into guest houses. The family hosting you usually prepares organic food.
The rooms are comfortable and cozy as well. The unconditional hospitality is a cherry on top after all of this.
Tourists can definitely get a sense of the lovely culture of Grahan through this.
The reasons you need to check out Grahan in 2020 are far more than many. But, if you still have doubts then let us clear them up while you are on the Grahan trip with JustWravel.
|Occupacy||Double, Quad, Triple|
Day 0 : Drive from Delhi to Kasol (514 Kilometers, 12 Hours Of Drive)
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 5 PM.
- We’ll meet the trip captains and a small tour briefing session would also be provided.
- Afterward, we’ll start our overnight journey towards Kasol which is a tiny hamlet in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh known for its pristine river streams and lush green forests.
Note: The pickup point will be Majnu Ka Tila.
Day 1 : Hike to Chalal | Cafe Hopping
- Upon arrival in Kasol, we will check in to our designated hotel where we’ll have lunch.
- Afterward, we’ll hike towards Chalal which is a quaint village that offers beautiful views of the entire Parvati Valley. After spending some peaceful hours surrounded by nature, we’ll head back.
- In the evening, we will visit the Local market, and indulge in Cafe Hopping to explore the array of cafes that Kasol has to offer.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Kasol.Transportation: Tempo Traveler/Volvo for Delhi to Delhi transportation
Day 2 : Trek to Grahan Village (5 Kilometers Trek, 4 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head towards Kasol Main Market which is the starting point for the Grahan Village Trek.
- Grahan is an offbeat village nestled peacefully in Himachal. Upon our arrival, we’ll check into a homestay where we’ll spend some leisure time.
- Afterward, we’ll head for a scenic walk in the village where we’ll visit the Grahan Waterfall.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Grahan.
Day 3 : Return back from Kasol to Delhi
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our homestays and trek down to Kasol Main Market.
- Afterward, we’ll board an overnight bus from Kasol to Delhi.
Day 4 : Delhi Arrival | Trip Ends
- We’ll reach Delhi early in the morning. The group will dissemble and part ways with fond memories.
- Trip ends.
What will be the group size for Kasol Tosh Weekend Tour?
Usually, we take a maximum of 15-18 people in one group. We believe bigger groups have less fun and less coordination so that’s why we prefer smaller groups.
We need at least 6 people to operate our fixed departure tours/treks.
Who all will go along with us on the Kasol Tosh Weekend trip/trek?
All our treks are led by professional trek leaders who are certified, mountaineers. Apart from them, there will be one local guide, cook, helper, porters, and other staff.
All our trips are led by professional trip coordinators who have good experience in leading groups.
I am the only girl in the group, is it safe to travel/trek solo?
Yes definitely it is, the safety of girls is most important for us. All our guides and other staff are carefully chosen for trips/treks. They are honest and reliable but we also advise you to take care of your personal belongings.
What are the things that we need to carry on the trek/trip?
Once you confirm the trip/trek and done with the booking, we will send you the packing list according to the trip/trek.
What type of ground transportation will be used on the trip?
We hire taxis such as Innova, Tempo Traveller, Bolero, Tata Sumo, etc. from our vendors.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review