Nestled in the Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh, at an altitude of 17,345 ft, The Friendship Peak offers stunning views of Himalayan Peaks with the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges being the most prominent ones. Apart from the visual treat that is the panoramic view of these mountains, it also offers a breathtaking view of the pristine Solang Valley.
A 7 day long trek that takes you through mystical trails, alpine meadows, moraines, boulders, glaciers all at once, the Friendship Peak Trek is a thrilling adventure that you simply can’t miss out on. Even though the Friendship peak is a challenging one, making it fall under the difficult category, it is also one of the most rewarding Himalayan Treks that you will embark on.
The name of the peak indeed does justice to the relationship the trekkers have with it. The thrill and the adventure that this trek has to offer at a comparatively easier climate and altitude. It is as beautiful as a place can be, and the moment you will lay your eyes on it – You’ll know you fell in love.
Passing through the stones, edgy cut, beautiful waterfalls and river, and climbing mountains that feel like they are floating among the clouds. The whole experience of trekking to Friendship Peak is mind-blowing. Having Maggi with your friends at the friendship peak is just the kind of plan to make you jump out of bed.
It has the raw and pure factor which is quite rare to find, with the beautiful glaciers, Oak forests, wonderland of snow, Lush green valleys, and all the goodness. As rightfully said that nothing great comes easy, so is true for this trek. It is a difficult and challenging trek, which also requires fitness along with some prior experience.
The best months to visit this beautiful Friendship Peak Trek are the months of May and June if you are seeking to climb up in a snow-covered wonderland. In addition, the post-monsoon months such as September and October are the best if you are a thrill-seeker as the terrain is mostly rocky. The weather is clear and beautiful, allowing you to have a glance at the scenic beauty without any obstacle
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
Day 1 : Manali Arrival
- Upon reaching Manali, we will check in to our hotels and spend the day at leisure.
- Travelers are advised to explore the local market, indulge in cafe hopping and sightseeing tour.
- In the evening, we will return to the hotel and have dinner followed by overnight stay in Manali.
Note: This day is for acclimatization purposes.
Day 2 : Drive from Manali to Dhundhi (21 Kms, 40mins) | Trek to Bakarthatch (4 Kms, 3 Hrs)
- Post breakfast, we’ll check out of our hotel. A briefing session by the trek leader sharing all the necessary details about the trek would also be provided.
- Afterwards, we’ll drive towards Dhundhi which is a small village in Solang Valley that serves as the basecamp for the Friendship Peak Trek.
- Upon reaching Dhundhi, we’ll start our trek to Bakarthatch. The trek is relatively easy with gradual ascends and descends on the trails adorned with lush forests.
- We’ll check into our campsite and have dinner followed by overnight stay in Bakarthatch.
Day 3 : Bakarthatch to Lady Leg (3 Kms, 5 Hrs)
- After waking up to the scenic mountain views and having our breakfast, we will head out towards our next campsite.
- At an elevation of 3900 meters, Lady Leg is an Advanced Base Camp and the trek to this particular campsite is steep and arduous. The trail is filled with sedimentation and hence caution is necessary. However the stunning view of the Dhauladhar ranges will beckon you closer.
- Upon reaching the campsite, we will spend some leisure time walking around the campsite. Dinner will be served followed by overnight stay.
Day 4 : Lady Leg to Camp 1 (3 Kms, 2Hrs )
- After breakfast, we will head out to our next campsite which is at an elevation of 4800 meters. The gradual ascend will help your body get acclimatized to the high altitude.
- Peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba will beckon you closer as you go further, leaving behind the green canopies as they’ll be replaced by rugged terrains.
- Upon reaching the camps, we will spend some time there so that our body gets accustomed to the conditions before returning to Lady Leg.
Note: On this day, we will also be carry some of our necessary belongings and offloading them in the campsite.
Day 5 : Trek to Summit Camp (3 Kms, 2 Hrs)
- The next morning, we will start our trek to the campsite once again with the rest of our necessary belongings. Since, we have already transferred half of our baggage yesterday, the trek would be relatively easier.
- Upon reaching the campsites, we’d spend some leisure time. After which our trek leaders will provide a briefing session providing necessary knowledge about the trek to the summit.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay in camps.
Day 6 : Summit Day (14 Kms, 11 Hrs)
- Finally on this day, we will head out for a trek to the summit . The first few hours, you’d be walking on flat ground covered in snow but after that it’d become difficult as rugged rocks line the trail.
- After steep inclines, traversing across boulders, the magnificent view of the Himalayas would greet you as you finally reach the summit. We’d spend some time witnessing the beauty that surrounds us. After which, we will trek back to Lady Leg campsite.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay in campsite.
Day 7 : Trek from Lady Leg to Dhundhi (7 Kms, 5 Hrs) | Drive from Dhundhi to Manali (21 Kms, 40 mins)
- After breakfast, we will start our return journey, tracing our steps from Lady Leg back to Dhundhi. The descent is relatively easier and consists of stunning landscapes.
- Upon reaching Dhundhi, we will start our drive towards Manali from where the group will dissemble.
- Trek Ends.
Where is Friendship Peak located?
Nestled in the Pir Panjal ranges of the Himalayas, Friendship Peak is a popular summit located in the Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh.
Is Friendship Peak Difficult?
With a staggering altitude of 17,346 ft, Friendship peak falls under the difficult category when it comes to the difficulty level of Himalayan Treks. The trek requires prior experience of trekking to high altitude as well as good strength and endurance.
What is the height of Friendship Peak?
The altitude of Friendship peak is 5,287 meters above sea level which makes it a challenging trek.
How long is the Friendship Peak Trek?
The distance that you cover on the Friendship Trek stretches to a distance of 34 Kilometers.
Is Friendship Peak Trek safe?
Friendship Peak Trek is extremely difficult as it is a high-altitude trek that needs prior experience as well as a certain level of fitness. The trail is tricky, especially during winters and monsoon season, The Friendship peak trek also requires some basic technical knowledge because of the terrain and gradient. It is safe to do the trek under the proper guidance where all the necessary precautions are taken by the trekkers.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review