Deoriatal Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is one of the most popular treks in the Garhwal Himalayas. Chandrashila trek that offers majestic views of Himalayas and valleys, alluring sights of rare Himalayan birds, blossoms, and a serene environment.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila trek which is well-loved by trekking enthusiasts and nature lovers. It remains accessible almost throughout the year, also in the winter months of November, December, January, and offers a variety of views and experiences. The duration of the Deoriatal Chopta Chandrashila trek is 3 days and is perfect for weekends and extended long weekends from Delhi.
The Deoriatal Chandrashila trek amazes you all the 3 days from its beauty and experiences. The highlights of the Deoriatal Tungnath Chandrashila trek include magnificent views of Mt. Chaukhamba from Chandrashila peak and Deoriatal, Tungnath temple which is also the World’s highest Lord Shiva temple and the scenic Deoriatal Lake. One can be a nature lover or a pro trekker or a photographer or a bird-watching amateur, the Deoriatal Chandrashila trek never disappoints anyone.
The Deoriatal Chopta Chandrashila trek begins from a small village named, Sari located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand at a height of 6,601 Feet and it terminates at Chopta, which is a tiny settlement and is the gateway to Tungnath temple and Chandrashila peak (3998 meters).
The difficulty level of this trek is easy and is recommended for novice trekkers as well as experienced ones.
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
|Occupacy||Double, Quad, Triple|
Day 0 :Drive from Delhi to Chopta via Rishikesh (427 Kilometers, 10 Hours)
- The group will assemble at the pick-up point at 9 PM.
- After a brief introduction session given by the Trip captain, we will head towards Chopta.
- En route, we’ll be traversing the confluence of the Ganga river with breathtaking views of Devprayag, and Rudraprayag.
Note: The pickup point would be Akshardham Metro Station.
Day 1 :Chopta Arrival | Leisure day
- Upon arrival, we will check into our campsites at Chopta and unwind ourselves in the lap of nature.
- The rest of the day is at leisure but we will be indulging in some exciting group bonding activities.
- In the evening, we will have dinner followed by an overnight stay in the camps.
Day 2 :Day 2 : Trek to Tungnath Chandrashila (4 Kilometers, 4 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll start our trek from Chopta to Chandrashila summit.
- En route, we’d be traversing through Tungnath which is situated at an elevation of 12,106 ft and is the Highest Shiva Temple in the World. En route, we’ll have packed lunch.
- At an altitude of 12, 110 ft, the Chandrashila top offers majestic views of Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch, and Chaukhamba peaks. After spending some time at the top, marveling at the beauty of the Himalayas, we will head back to Chopta.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay in Chopta.
Day 3 : Visit Deoria Tal | Departure
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our campsites and drive towards Sari Village.
- Upon our arrival, we’ll start a trek to Deoria Tal which is a pristine lake popular for offering beautiful reflections of the Chaukhamba peaks on its glass-like surface.
- Afterward, we’ll board an overnight Tempo Traveler/SUV and start our return journey to Delhi.
Day 4 :Delhi Arrival | Trip Ends
- We will arrive in Delhi by early morning.
- The group will part ways with fond memories.
- End of Tour.
What will be the group size of Deoriatal Chandrashila trek?
Usually, we take a maximum of 15-18 people in one group. We believe bigger groups have less fun and less coordination so that’s why we prefer smaller groups.
We need at least 6 people to operate our fixed departure tours/treks.
Who all will go along with us on the Deoriatal Chandrashila trek?
All our treks are led by professional trek leaders who are certified, mountaineers. Apart from them, there will be one local guide, cook, helper, porters, and other staff.
All our trips are led by professional trip coordinators who have good experience in leading groups.
I am the only girl in the group, is it safe to Deoriatal Chandrashila trek solo?
Yes definitely it is, the safety of girls is most important for us. All our guides and other staff are carefully chosen for trips/treks. They are honest and reliable but we also advise you to take care of your personal belongings.
What are the things that we need to carry on the Deoriatal Chandrashila trek?
Once you confirm the trip/trek and done with the booking, we will send you the packing list according to the trip/trek.
What type of ground transportation will be used on the trip?
We hire taxis such as Innova, Tempo Traveller, Bolero, Tata Sumo, etc. from our vendors.