The Most Beautifully Landscaped Meadow in our Country
For hundreds of years, shepherds have been taking their flock to graze at Dayara Bugyal. Time and again, they have come back with stories of the abundance of fresh, soft grass and the splendour of the mighty Himalayan mountain peaks cradling the meadows.
When our explorers reached Dayara Bugyal, they found the meadows exactly as the shepherds described – only, more beautiful. The multiple trails that they explored leading to the trails turned out to be even more rewarding. With splendid mountain views and clear water bodies strewn across the meadows, this turned out to be one of our most beautiful treks.
The meadows are lush in summer
Come April, the snow starts melting away from the meadows of Dayara, making way for fresh, soft grass. Trekking through the green meadows as the sun shines is one of the best experiences you’ll have while trekking.
This lushness lasts throughout April and May. Towards the end of May, the meadows are filled with flowers. This flowerbed is a pleasure to trek in till the end of June.
Dense, rich forests
Most treks traversing through this altitude in Uttarakhand boast of great forest trails. But the forest that you walk through here stands out.
You don’t find any pines here. Rather, trails here abound with brown and green oaks and rhododendrons. Unlike pines, the roots and leaves of these trees enrich the soil, adding to the bounty of the forests.
Splendid mountain views
Most people associate Dayara Bugyal with Bandarpoonch. But that is only one of the big mountains that you see on this trek. As you arrive at Raithal, the base camp, you see John Lee and Draupadi ka Danda draped in the orange rays of the setting sun. Also visible are Shrikhand Mahadev and the Gangotri peaks in the distance.
Once you cross Gui, you start seeing mountains on the other side as well. Finally, by the time you are in Dayara Bugyal, you get a complete 180-degree view of mountains starting from Bandarpoonch and Kalanag on the left extending to Draupadi ka Danda on the right.
Day 1 : Dehradun to Raithal (180 Kilometers, 7 Hours )
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 7:30 PM.
- Afterward, we’ll drive towards Raithal which is the starting point for the Dayara Bugyal Trek.
- Upon our arrival in Raithal, we’ll check into our designated stays.
Note: The pick-up point will be Dehradun ISBT.
Day 2 : Trek from Raithal to Chelapada via Gui (8 Kilometers, 6 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll start our trekking journey and head towards the Chelapada.
- The entire trail is adorned by oak forests and picturesque views making it a visual treat to the eyes. Upon reaching Chelapada, we’ll check into our campsites followed by lunch.
- The rest of the day is at leisure but trekkers are advised to go for an acclimatization walk.
- Dinner is followed by an overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Chelapada to Dayara Bugyal | Back to Chelapada (12 Kilometers, 9 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll start our trek and head to Dayara Bugya viewpoint. which offers stunning view of the Bandarpoonch, Black peak, Draupadi ka Danda and more.
- The entire trail consists of lush green meadows that open up to provide picturesque views of the Himalayas. Upon arrival, we’ll have packed lunch at the Dayara Bugya Top.
- After spending some time at the summit, we’ll head back to Chelapada campsite. The rest of the day is at leisure.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay in camps.
Day 4 : Trek from Chelapada to Raithal (8 Kilometers, 6 Hours) Drive to Dehradun (180 Kilometers, 7 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our campsite and descend towards Raithal Village.
- We’ll drive back to Dehradun via Uttarkashi with the picturesque Himalayan hamlets passing by.
- Upon arrival in Dehradun, the group will part ways with fond memories of the trek.