Imagine walking on the surface made of ice and frozen river. Sounds enthralling?
One can have this experience on the Chadar Trek in Ladakh. The Chadar trek is like no other trek in the Himalayas.
However, one can find frozen rivers or frozen lakes on other treks too but the experience of the Chadar trek remains completely different and exciting. Walking on a thick glass made of ice having huge and lofty mountains on both sides is an experience of a lifetime.
The Chadar trek offers an opportunity to explore and experience the Zanskari and Ladakhi culture and hospitality. Apart from all this, the frozen waterfalls that you see during Chadar Trek leaves you in awe. The best months to do this trek is January and February and seeing the difficulty level, the trek is not recommended for beginners.
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
Day 1 : Arrival in Leh | Local Sightseeing
- We will arrive in Leh and check into our designated stay. After a brief introductory session, we will spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Travelers are advised to explore Leh Town, explore the Cafes in Leh, and indulge in local sightseeing in the evening.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Leh.
Note: This day spent in Leh is for acclimatization purposes.
Day 2 : Acclimatization Day
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head for a sightseeing tour.
- We will visit the Shanti Stupa and explore the Leh Market in the evening. If time permits, we will explore other attractions in Leh as well.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Leh
Note: The Chadar trek requires trekkers to be properly acclimatized and hence we need to spend at least two days in Leh.
Day 3 : Medical Check-up
- We’ll head to get a thorough medical check-up at SNM Hospital. Due to the perplexing nature of this specific trek, participants must obtain medical certification before undertaking the Chadar trek as per the government.
- A clearance certificate will be issued after a medical check-up and trekkers will only be allowed to embark on the Chadar Trek if they are found to be fit and are properly acclimatized.
Day 4 : Drive from Leh to Shingra Koma (65 Kilometers, 4 Hours ) Trek to Tsomo Paldar (3 Kilometers, 2 hours)
- After enjoying morning tea and breakfast, we’ll drive towards Shingra Koma. This ride is not for the faint-hearted as jagged roads and hairpin bends make this a
tricky drive. The sight of the surrounding mountain ranges makes for a scenic ride that you’ll enjoy.
- Upon reaching Shingra Koma, We will start our trek to Tsomo Paldar right from the starting point of the frozen Zanskar river. After walking on multitudes of icy surfaces,
you’ll slowly start to understand the pattern of walking. Soon, you’ll reach the campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay at the Tsomo Paldar campsite.
Day 5 : Trek from Tsomo Paldar to Tibb Cave (15 Kilometers, 7 hours)
- In the morning, we will have hot tea and breakfast. After that, we will start trekking towards Tibb Cave which is our next campsite.
- Enroute, you will be encountering some of the most enchanting frozen waterfalls. As you keep walking, you’ll come across rock patterns and sedimentations. En route, we’ll have our packed lunch.
- Upon reaching Tibb Cave, we will set up camps and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in camps.
Day 6 : Trek from Tibb to Naerak Camp (13 Kilometers, 6 hours)
- After having breakfast in the morning, we will head towards the most anticipated campsite which is Nerak.
- The 13km trail traverses through the most iconic landmark of the Chadar Trek which is the Frozen Waterfall. Hot lunch will be served on your way to the Nerak campsite.
- Trekkers are advised to wear proper layers to stay safe from the freezing cold. If time permits, we will visit the Nerak Village as well.
- We will set up camps at a distance of 15-20 minutes from the waterfall.
- Dinner followed by overnight stay in Nerak campsite.
Day 7 : Trek from Nerak to Tibb (13 Kilometers, 6 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we will head back to our campsite at Tibb Cave. We will be retracing our steps back, admiring the beauty of the mystical frozen Zanskar.
- Upon reaching the campsite at Tibb, we’ll spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Tibb.
Day 8 : Tibb to Shingra Koma (9 Kilometers, 5 Hours) | Drive from Leh to Shingra Koma (65 Kilometers, 4 Hours )
- After having early morning breakfast, we will head out of Tibb and move towards Shingra Koma, crossing Gyalpo.
- En route, you might get a chance to see paw prints of wild animals like snow leopards, ibex, and foxes.
- In the evening, We will drive back to Leh and spend the night at our designated stay.
Day 9 : Departure from Leh
- After early morning breakfast, we will check out from the hotel.
- The group will part ways with fond memories of the trek
- Departure from Leh.
Should we bring some medicines with us?
Yes, it is always advisable to carry your own medical kit with medications for headaches, nausea, etc.
What type of food is served during the trek?
It’s extremely important to make sure that you eat nutritious food so you can maintain your energy during the trek. We serve eggs to make sure you get proper protein intake and serve different kinds of Indian cuisine.
Can we change the itinerary?
Yes, we can make changes to some extent but only if we find your suggestions and demands feasible.
Can you customize the Kedarkantha trek?
Yes, it’s customizable but it depends if what you are asking for is something we can afford to deliver.
Is Diamox advisable or not?
Not, it’s not but if you are taking it, then make sure that it’s prescribed by your doctor.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review