Brahmatal Trek is considered as the ‘all in one package among a long list of trekking destinations across the country. Stretching to an expanse of 24 Km, the Brahmatal trek exposes you to some of the most magnificent Himalayan peaks such as Mt Chaukhamba, Mt Neelkanth, and Mt Hathi Ghoda among others.
The diversified beauty of this trek, from glorious mountains to snow-laden trails, high-altitude serene lakes, and lush green forests, makes Brahmatal quite mesmerizing.
If you are one of those people who love to pose for the gram, then you’d find this place even more compelling. The abundance of snow makes all the moments that you spend here Insta-worthy and you’d feel a strong urge to capture all of them.
For all snow fanatics who love to see sun rays illuminating the ivory surface, winters are the best time to do the Brahmatal Trek, more specifically the months of October, November, December, and January.
The 6-Day 5-night trek starts from Lohajung, which is about 300 km away from Dehradun. After an overnight stay followed by dinner at Lohajung, we will prepare for our journey ahead the next morning.
In this Brahmatal trek package, we make sure that the balance between fun and adventure is always maintained and hence our trek leader gives a briefing session at the start of every day. After which, we will begin our ascend towards the peak and will be rewarded by the scenic views of Kail Valley. By the time dusk starts to fall, we’d have reached our last stop for the day which is nestled calmly among the oak trees. We will set up camp at Bekaltal lake and retire to bed for the night.
The next morning, we will proceed towards Brahmatal lake which will take us almost 5 hours after which we will settle down to take a breather and set up camp at Brahamtal lake where we will have dinner while the valleys of Nainital and Almora peek at us from the backdrop.
Finally, the day when we trek towards the Brahmatal summit and get to enjoy the most stunning view of the Himalayan peaks of the Garhwal region like Mt.Trishul and Mt Nanda Ghunti.
We will set up camp at the summit and spend a night under the starry skies, surrounded by mountains before finally descending to Lohajung, concluding our trek with dinner and overnight stay at Lohajung. The next day after our morning tea, we will drive towards Rishikesh and part ways with some fond memories and a smile on our faces.
Solo travelers, first-timers, as well as experienced trekkers, prefer and love Brahmatal for the sheer content it instills in your heart this is why you should do the Brahmatal trek and why it remains one of the best winter treks to do in India.
|Travel Mode||Tempo Traveler|
Day 1 : Drive From Rishikesh to Lohajung (260 Kms, 7 Hours Drive)
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 06:00 AM. Afterward, we’ll head out for Lohajung.
- En route, we will be passing through Devprayag, Rudraprayag, and Karnaprayag.
- Upon our arrival in Lohajung, we’ll check into our hotel.
- Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay.
Note: The Pickup point will be Rishikesh ISBT/Railway Station.
Day 2 : Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal (4 Kilometers, 4 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast and tea, a briefing session would be conducted by the trek leader sharing all the necessary details about the trekking trails.
- Afterward, we’ll start the trek to Bekaltal. En route, we’d get to witness the confluence of Kail and Pindari River in Kali Valley.
- The entire trail is adorned by oak forests and Bekaltal is nestled amidst the lush greenery. Upon our arrival at the campsite, we’ll spend some leisure time and indulge in some group bonding activities.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Bekaltal Campsite.
Day 3 : Trek from Bekaltal to Brahmatal (7 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning tea and breakfast, we’ll start our trek towards Brahmatal Lake.
- The trail is lined with enchanting forests that will lead us to the Lake. En route we’d be traversing Telandi which is a vast green land that transforms into snowfields in winters. A series of ascends and descents will lead us to the majestic Brahmatal lake.
- Upon our arrival, we’ll check into our campsite that is in the vicinity of the Lake. We’ll spend some time relaxing by the lake side with scenic views of Nainital and Almora in the backdrop.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay at Brahmatal Campsite.
Day 4 : Trek to Brahmatal Summit (6 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll head out for our trek to the Brahmatal summit which offers picturesque views of Himalayan peaks with Trishul and Nandaghunti being one of the most prominent peaks.
- The entire trail is surrounded by the Garhwal Himalayas which makes the entire experience extremely breathtaking.
- After spending some time at the campsite, marveling at the beauty of nature, we’ll trek down to the campsite.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay at Brahmatal Campsite.
Day 5 : Back to Lohajung (7 Kilometers, 5 Hours)
- After early morning tea and breakfast, we’ll check out of our campsite.
- Afterward, we’ll descend to Lohajung. At Malling, we will finally be out of the forests, and traces of civilization will start appearing.
- Upon reaching Lohajung, we’ll check into our homestay.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in Lohajung.
Day 6 : Drive From Lohajung to Rishikesh (260 Kms, 7 Hours Drive)
- After early morning breakfast, we’ll check out of our homestays.
- Afterward, we’ll drive towards Rishikesh. Upon arrival in Rishikesh, we’ll go our separate ways with fond memories of the trip.
- End of Trip.
What will be the group size for Brahmatal Trek ?
Usually, we take a maximum of 12 – 15 people in one group. We believe bigger groups have less fun and less coordination so that’s why we prefer smaller groups.
We need at least 6 people to operate our fixed departure tours/treks.
Who all will go along with us on the Brahmatal Trek ?
All our treks are led by professional trek leaders who are certified, mountaineers. Apart from them, there will be one local guide, cook, helper, porters, and other staff.
All our trips are led by professional trip coordinators who have good experience in leading groups.
I am the only girl in the group, is it safe to travel/trek solo?
Yes definitely it is, the safety of girls is most important for us. All our guides and other staff are carefully chosen for trips/treks. They are honest and reliable but we also advise you to take care of your personal belongings.
What are the things that we need to carry on the Brahmatal Trek?
Once you confirm the trip/trek and done with the booking, we will send you the packing list according to the trip/trek.
What type of ground transportation will be used on the trip?
We hire taxis such as Innova, Tempo Traveller, Bolero, Tata Sumo, etc. from our vendors.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review