Bir Billing is one of the names that pop up in the mind of an average Indian when they consider going on an adventurous trip. It is one of the few places in India which serves as a great adventure sports destination.
Bir is a small town in Himachal Pradesh and Billing which is 15 Km away from Bir and makes up for a 42-minute trek, is the center for adventurous activities. Trekking and Paragliding in Bir Billing are the two main adventure sports that Bir Billing is famous for around the country and the world.
Bir Billing has its own set of stories about how the paragliding started in the place. If we go by what the local guides claim then it was started by a guy who was interested in paragliding and made his first paraglider using torn polythene pieces and rags.
There is a heavy Tibetan influence over the place and one could never miss the monasteries in Bir Billing, which is also one of the main attractions besides paragliding and adventure sports.
The best time for paragliding in Bir Billing is divided into two segments, which are October-November and March-June. Bir Billing receives snowfall in the winter season and thus, paragliding is not possible without a clear sky which is the reason.
The overall paragliding experience in Bir Billing is breathtaking and is a perfect activity for an adrenaline junkie. You can never run out of things to do in Bir Billing and it is the perfect destination for a weekend getaway.
Apart from all the adventurous activities, Bir Billing is famous for, there is still much more to the place like its delicious cuisine. From softest and tastiest pancaked to hot-chili momos, you get it all and the little Tibetan touch in the cuisine is noticeable and equally appreciated as well.
|Travel Mode||Volvo Bus or Tempo Traveller|
Day 0 : Drive From Delhi To Bir (490 Kilometers, 11 Hours)
- The group will assemble at the pickup point at 7 PM. We’ll meet the trip captains and a small tour briefing session would also be provided.
- Afterward, we’ll head towards Bir which is situated at an elevation of 5,003 Ft and is popularly known as the Paragliding Capital of India.
Note: The pickup point will be Majnu Ka Tila.
Day 1 : Bir Arrival | Sightseeing
- Upon our arrival in Bir, we’ll check into our campsite where we’ll have lunch and spend some leisure time.
- We’ll head out for a Paragliding session from the second highest take-off point for paragliding in the world. Afterward, we’ll witness beautiful sunset from the sunset point as well.
- In the evening, we’ll explore the Local market and indulge in Cafe hopping where we’ll explore the arrays of cafes that Bir has to offer.
- Dinner will be served in the evening followed by an overnight stay in Bir.
Day 2 : Hike to Gunehar Waterfall | Departure
- After early morning breakfast, check out of our campsite where we’ll hike towards the Gunehar waterfall which is a sparkling waterfall hidden in the hills.
- In the evening, we’ll board a bus to Delhi for an overnight journey.
Day 3 : Delhi Arrival | Trip ends
- We’ll reach Delhi early morning. The group will go their separate ways with fond memories according to their scheduled departures.
- Trip Ends.
Where is Bir located?
Bir is a rural village located in Joginder Nagar Valley of Himachal Pradesh. At an elevation of 5,003 ft, it is popularly known as the Paragliding Capital of India.
What is the best time to visit Bir?
The summer months of April and June have pleasant weather. Whereas in winter, the months of October till February provide paragliders to witness an aerial view of the snow covered valley. Bir Billing can be visited throughout the year except for the monsoon season as it recivies heavy rainfall and hence paragliding cannot be done.
When can we see snow in Bir?
Since it is located at an elevation of 5000 ft, Bir recieves heavy snowfall in the winter season especially in the month of December and January.
Is Bir different from Billing?
Bir and Billing are at a distance of 41 Kilometers. Bir is the landing site for paragliding while Billing is the take-off point.billing Collectively they provide the perfect opportunity for a paragliding session.
What are some other things to do at Bir Billing?
Apart from paragliding, one can visit the many monasteries in Bir, indulge in some delicious food by going cafe hopping, visit the sparkling Bir waterfall and witness the sunset from Billing.